Bacterial Diarrhea study group is one of the primary research laboratories built in ITD since 1991.
Besides of doing research project, Bacterial Diarrhea also provides laboratory training about basic microbiology
for student (undergraduate and graduate) and researcher, also laboratorytests for public service.
The main focuses of research activities are identification bacteria as an agent of gastroenteritis based on conventional methods, serotyping, and molecular technique.
Our experimental works, including:
• Molecular Identification for Bacteria
• Bacteria Culture
• Bacteria isolation
• Bacteria identification
• Sensitivity test
• Antimicrobial resistant
• Total Plate Count Agar
• Protein Analysis
• SDS PAGE
• Coomassie Brillian Blue Stain
• Silver Nitrate Stain The laboratory has been involved in collaborating projects with international parties from Japan (J-GRID).
The project leader is Prof. Toshiro Shirakawa, Ph.D. J-GRID project is about conducting a high quality research on infectious diseases of regional and global importance, advancing relevant technologies and developing human resources in the field.
Currently, Bacterial Diarrhea has involved in many various research project. Yet we are focusing on intestinal infection, antimicrobial resistant, and screening of Vibrio cholera in environment.
Detection of E. coli pathogenic strain from diarrheagenic children in Surabaya. Frequency of diarrheagenic Eschericia coli among children in Surabaya. Modulation of 0-antigen chain length by the 1022 gene in Eschericia coli 0157 influences its sensitivities to serum complement. Those are the collaboration between Institute of Tropical Dissease and Dr. Soetomo Hospital in pediatric department. This project is funded by J-GR1D (Japan).
Carbapenem resistant of Enterobacteriaceae in Indonesia. This research is collaboration between Institute of Tropical Disease and Dr. Soetomo Hospital in microbiology department. This research aims to screening the pattern of antibiotic resistant in UTI patient. This research is funded by J-GRID (Japan) Study on Microbial Resistant Enterobacteriaceae from chicken meat in Surabaya.
- Screening Vibrio cholera from Environment. This project aims to screening Vibrio cholera from environment, such as marine product (shrimp, fish, and scallop).
- Sudarmo, et al. Genotyping and clinical factors in pediatric diarrhea caused by rotaviruses: one-year surveillance in Surabaya, Indonesia. Biomed Central. 2015
- Raharjo, et al. Eschericia coli Strain Patogen pada Anak Penderita Diare. Sinergi Pangan, Pakan dan Energi Terbarukan. 2014
- Prayoga, et al. dentifikasi Salmonella sp. Pada Karkas Ayam dart Pasar Tradisional di Surabaya Timur. Sinergi Pangan, Pakan dan EnergiTerbarukan. 2014
- Raharjo, et al. Pengembangan pemeriksaan RNA Salmonella enterica serotype typhi sebagai Kit Diagnosis Demam tifus. Perpustakaan Nasional R1.2013
- Osawa, et al. Modulation of 0-antigen chain length by the wzz gene in Escherichia coli 0157 influences its sensitivities to serum complement. Microbiology and Immunology. 2013
- Osawa, et al. Frequency of Diarrheagenic Escherichia cot among Children in Surabaya, Indonesia. PubMed. 2013
- Yanagi, et al. Emergence of fluoroquinolone-resistant strains of Salmonella enterica in Surabaya, Indonesia_ Diagnostic Microbiology &Infectious Disease. 2009
- Raharjo, et al. Produksi asap cair dan penggunaannya sebagai pengawet bahan makanan asal hewan. Perpustakaan Nasional RI.1997