NPMRD study group was initially established to support research collaboration between Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia and Kobe University, Japan through JICA/JST SATREPS on 2010. Currently, NPMRD research focused on drug discovery and natural medicine development including efficacy, safety, and quality guaranteed medicine. We combined the best science and technology in the field of pharmacy, chemistry, biology, and medical which supported by reliable equipment and staff.
The main program in NPMRD was :
- Innovative research for the discovery of medicines for infections diseases such as anti hepatitis, antimalarial, antiamoebic, antidengue, etc. and non infection diseases such as hepatoprotective, immunomodulator, and health supplement
- Laboratory testing and training for public services such as:
• Phytomedicine work including extraction, isolation, and compound analysis using NMR, HPLC, and LCMS/MS QTOF
• Preclinical study:
• Invitro Bioassay work including Invitro assay of malaria, hepatitis, dengue, and amoeba; mechanism assay by ELISA,Western blot, and PCR.
• Invivo Bioassay using animal model for antimalaria activity
• Toxicity test using animal model (Rodent) for acute and subchronic toxicity
• Clinical study
NPMRD conducted several research collaboration with some national and international institution which are:
- Kobe University and National Institute of Biomedical Innovation (NIBIO), Japan. The research was focused on identification of antiHCV substances and granted by JICA/JST SATREPS (2010-2014).
- Indonesia Military Health Institution (Lakesmil). The research was conducted clinical trial of cempedak capsule product as an alternative complementary drug for malaria prophylaxis at Nanga Badau, Kalimantan (2014).
- Pharmaceutical company: PT. Kimia Farma (Persero) Tbk, Indonesia. The research is focused on development of sambiloto fraction as antimalarial product and granted by Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education (2015-2017).
- The agency for assessment and application of technology (BPPT)-Indonesia;Tsukuba University, The National Institute of Infectious Diseases (NIID)- Japan. The research was focused on utilization of Indonesia resources as antiamoebic and antimalarial. The research granted by JICA/AMED SATREPS (2015-2020).
Research collaboration resulted some publications and product prototypes.
International publication :
- Hafid et.al. The Active Marker compound identification of Artocarpus champe-den Spreng. Stembark extract, mora-chalkone A as antimalarial. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol 4, Suppl 5,2012.
- Wahyuni et.al. Antiviral activities of Indonesian medicinal plants in the East Java region againts hepatitis C virus. VirologyJournal 2013;10:259 I
- Hafid et.al. Free-Radical scavenging activity screening of some Indonesian plants. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci Vol 6, Issue 6, 2014
- Widyawaruyanti et.al. In vitro antimalarial activity screening of several Indonesia plants using HRP2 assay. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci Vol 6, Issue 6,2014
- Wahyuni et.al. Inhibition of hepatitis C virus replication by chalepin and pseudane IX isolated from Ruta angustifolia leaves. Fitoterapia 99(2014), 276 - 283
- Adianti et.al. Anti-hepatitis C virus compounds obtained from Glycyrrhiza uralensis and other Glycyrrhiza species. Microbiology and Immunology 58:180-187,2014
- Hafid et.al.The combination therapy model of Andrographis paniculata extract and chloroquine on Plasmodium berghei infected mice. Asian J Pharm Clin Res vol.8, issue 2,2015,1-4
- Widyawaruyanti et.al. Andro grapholide determination of Andrographis paniculata extract, ethyl acetate fraction and tablets by thin layer chromatography. J Chem Pharm Res 2015,7(12):557-561
- Widyawaruyanti et.al. Antimalarial activity and cytitoxicity study of ethanol extract and fraction from Alectryon serratus leaves. Int. J. Pharm Pharm Sci, Vol 7, Issues 12, 2015, 250-253
- Hafid et. al. Antimalarial activity of crude extracts of Artocarpus heterophyllus, Artocarpus altilis, and Artocarpus camansi. Asian J Pharm Clin Res vol 9, issue 1, 2016, 261-263
- Antimalarial (Capsul of Artocarpus champeden as antimalarial)
- Antimalaria2 (Tablet of Andrographis paniculata as antimalarial)
- Apphyn (Capsul of Andrographis paniculata and Phyllanthus niruri as immunomodulator)
- Bicurmin (Capsul of Curcuma xanthorrhiza and Curcuma domestica as hepatoprotective)