With Dean and Vice Dean of Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
With ITD Staf on 65th Annual meeting of the Japanese Society for Virology
We were engaged in national policy projects such as the Japan Initiative for Global Research Network on Infectious Diseases (J-GRID), Indonesia – Kobe Collaborative Research Center, and the Science and Technology Research Partnership for Sustainable Development (SATREPS). Regarding the project “Collaborative Research on Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases in Japan”, our cooperative activities with Kobe University in Indonesia will be carried out from April 2015, sup-ported by the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED).
Research Fields and Areas
- Core research fields (Basic) Microbiology, Clinical Virology, Infectious Disease Control, Infectious Disease Pathology
- Dual research fields (Basic) Vaccine Development.
- Dual research fields (Clinical) Infectious Disease Therapeutics, Infectious Disease Field Research (Cooperative Graduate Programs), Infection and Immunology (Cooperative Graduate Programs)
Concepts for the Future
- In the Airlangga area, we aim to carry on the tradition of research activities of our Center, which has promoted international collaborative studies with Asian countries. To develop it further, we will strengthen our research and education system in Asia.
- We expect to further develop the Indonesia-Kobe Collaborative Research Center for Emerging and Reemerging Infectious Diseases (in the Medical Faculty, Kobe University [http://www.med.kobe-u.ac.jp/en/global/cid.html]), already established in Japan.
- We aim to expand the prominence of the power of synthesis and quality assurance, and to be recognized as a destination for the world, so saying, “Visit Airlangga University, if any inquiry in infectious diseases arises”. We also seek to become a center of infectious disease research domestically and internationally in the future.
- We expect to strongly develop a system of cross-sectional collaborative research.
Institute of Tropical Disease research with founding from the Japan Initiative for Global Research Network on Infectious Diseases (JGRID). The research area that found by JGRID is :
- Viral Diarrhea